Residential areas in Helsinki
- Kamppi – Heart of downtown. Close to the bus and railway station. Popular area among foreigners.
- Punavuori – Walking distance to downtown. Rental level lower than Kamppi.
- Etu-Töölö – Popular residential area. Walking distance to downtown.
- Eira – District of embassies. Good tram connections to downtown.
- Kaivopuisto – District of embassies. Close to downtown.
- Kulosaari – Eastern Helsinki, 7 km to downtown. District of embassies.
- Tammisalo – Eastern Helsinki, 10 km to downtown. Popular residential area nearby the sea.
Popular and fairly expensive areas
- Ullanlinna – Nice area nearby the sea. Good tram connections to downtown.
- Kruununhaka – District of ministries. Walking distance to downtown. Good tram and bus connections.
- Katajanokka – Calm residential area. Walking distance to downtown. Good tram connections.
- Munkkiniemi – Outside Helsinki center. Nice villas near by the sea.
Modern residential areas
- Ruoholahti – Popular among foreigners. Modern buildings. “Helsinki Silicon Valley”
- Hietalahti – Modern and high standard apartment block near by the harbor.
- Arabia – New construction area, further away from Helsinki downtown. Good tram and bus connections.
Distant and less expensive areas
- Taka-Töölö – Good bus and tram connections.
- Kallio – Popular among students. Good tram connections.
- Munkkivuori – Good bus connections.
- Lauttasaari – Island between Helsinki and Espoo. Popular family area. Expensive villas along the seaside. Good bus connections.
Popular residential areas in Espoo
By the sea, 10-15 km from Helsinki downtown
- Westend – High standard living. Villa area.
- Haukilahti – Popular high standard living among young families. 10 minutes bus ride to Helsinki downtown.
- Nuottalahti – New residential area.
- Nuottaniemi – New residential area.
- Koukkuniemi – New residential area.
- Iirislahti – New residential area.
- Tapiola – Convenient living close to Tapiola shopping center. 10 minutes bus ride to Helsinki downtown.Mankkaa – Family residential area.
- Otaniemi – “Espoo Silicon Valley”. Close to downtown Helsinki.
- Laurinlahti – Popular residential area among young families. 15-20 minutes bus ride to downtown Helsinki.
- Soukka – Nice villas near by the sea. 15-20 minutes bus ride to downtown Helsinki.
- Kauniainen – Nice villa area. Finnish-Swedish family area.
Céline Oy / Ab
Yrjönkatu 32 E 46